Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Storm

As a graphic artist I participate in Illustration Friday. This weeks illustration word was Storm. My illustration is from memories of playing outside in the storms as a child.

Step one: Thumbnails

I began my process my sketching out some rough illustrations.

image-1 image-2 image


Step 2: Digital Rendering.

Deciding to go forward with my little guy with the frog umbrella, I brought it on to the computer and began rendering the basic/main shapes of the drawing.

step 1

Next i added the eyes, mouths to both the boots and the umbrella.

step 3

The umbrella began to look a little plain to me so I added some more details to it.

step 5
Step 3: The background.

I began creating the background by adding a dark blue sky, some green grass and a puddle.

Step 6


Finishing the piece by adding some rail drops and lightning bolts.

final

No comments:

Post a Comment